Welcome to turkey hunting Guide
Turkey Hunting Shotgun Shells Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
You may also listen to this article by using the following controls.
Turkey Hunting Tips Can Pay Offfrom:
It doesn't matter whether it's a flock in Florida or a gobbler in Alabama, turkey hunting is a tough game sport. Many a hunter comes home empty handed when turkey is the target for the day. With this in mind, turkey hunting tips can help give a little bit of an edge for those about to embark on this most challenging of hunts.
Some of the best turkey hunting tips are nothing more than common sense. The fact is turkeys are pretty crafty game. They can see incredibly well and their sense of hearing isn't all that bad either. Every little thing that can give hunters a leg up can really help make or break a day in the woods or at a field's edge.
Some of the best tactical turkey hunting tips include:
• Finding them before they find you. It is incredibly helpful to know where the birds in a particular flock go at different points during the day. A bit of advanced tracking can really pay off. If a feeding ground, watering hole or roosting area is found, a hunter can arrive and set up before the birds do. The wait-and-see approach can be a bit tedious, but it can pay off.
• Dress the part. Of all the turkey hunting tips, this might be the most important. Camouflaging everything from the feet up to the top of the head can really help a hunter avoid detection. Since a gobbler's eyesight is so keen, doing this can really help with the element of surprise, which is absolutely needed in hunting.
• Pick the right weapons. Whether it's a shotgun or a bow, make sure they've been worked properly for hunting turkey. No other turkey hunting tips will pay off if the weapon isn't calibrated to handle the job. For a bow, this might mean adjusting the pull so it can be held for a duration. For a shotgun, this requires selecting the right shot.
• Consider calls. This is another very important consideration as far as turkey hunting tips go. Often, it is better to get the birds to come into the hunter rather than vice versa. Calls take a little time to master, but they can pay off extremely well.
• Safety first. While this isn't among the tactical turkey hunting tips, it can play a pivotal role in ensuring a good day's hunt. Keep safety as the number one concern and no day out in the woods will be a bad one.
Turkey hunting tips cannot guarantee a catch, but they can really help. The key here is outsmarting the birds. This, however, isn't as easy as it sounds. Be prepared for a challenge.
Turkey Hunting Shotgun Shells News
Outdoor briefs for the week of Aug. 21 - Great Falls Tribune
Outdoor briefs for the week of Aug. 21
Great Falls Tribune
The event, which will include clay pigeon, turkey silhouette and pellet-gun shooting stations, as well as an archery range with 3-D hunting targets, is open to all youths up to 18 years old. Youths 12 and younger can participate in all of the events ...
Gary Engberg previews early hunting seasons - Appleton Post Crescent (blog)
Gary Engberg previews early hunting seasons
Appleton Post Crescent (blog)
Scout and watch where geese feed, water and their flight patterns like you would with doves. Both doves and geese are migratory birds, so your shotgun must be 'plugged' with no more than three shells in the chamber and magazine and non-toxic shells ...
Register Now to Learn How to Hunt in Oregon - Salem-News.Com
Register Now to Learn How to Hunt in Oregon
We have found that some women prefer to learn among other women, some people want to bring their families and others just want to hunt with other adults,” continued Newell. “That's why ... ODFW provides all the gear and equipment needed at these ...
A semi-wrong idea - Go Lackawanna
Hunter's Corner: Getting ready for waterfowl season - Concord Monitor
Hunter's Corner: Getting ready for waterfowl season
Fish and Game will be holding a public hearing on the proposed season dates and bag limits for the 2014 waterfowl hunting season on Aug. 13 at 6 p.m. at Fish and Game headquarters. Apparently, owing to the spring breeding waterfowl surveys, higher duck ...