Welcome to bow hunting Guide
California Bow Hunting Laws Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
You may also listen to this article by using the following controls.
Bow Hunting Texas: See if everything really is Bigger in Texas!from: When it comes to bow hunting, Texas has the normal rules and regulations. To help you if you are planning on Bow hunting, Texas is a great choice! Here are some of the regulations you will need in bow hunting Texas Style:
• Crossbows are not lawful for taking migratory game bow hunting Texas.
• Only the specified archery are legal for bow hunting Texas.
• These items may be used during any general open season for bow hunting Texas.
• Bows and crossbows may not be used to hunt deer in muzzle load season
• Only those licensed to carry a concealed handgun in Texas may carry one
• Firearms are allowed in camp if they are in your vehicle, or you are hunting any lawful game besides whitetail deer, mule deer and turkey.
• Bows and crossbows are legal for hunting non-game animals that are not protected.
If you are using longbows, recurves, or compound bows there are several regulations you should be aware of for bow hunting Texas.
• Bows must have minimum 40 pound draw for all game besides squirrel.
• Bows with full or partial draw locks are legal during any lawful bow hunting season.
Crossbows may be used in bow hunting Texas in the following circumstances:
• Crossbows and crossbows with telescopic sights may be used to hunt game animals and game birds, with the exception of migratory game birds, during open seasons and Eastern spring turkey season.
• Persons with upper-limb disabilities may use a crossbow to hunt deer and turkey during the Archery Only Open Season, provided the person, while hunting, has in their immediate possession a physician's statement certifying the extent of the disability.
• Anyone with a doctor's certification of an upper-limb disability such as the loss of, or loss of use of fingers, hands, or arm which makes in impossible for a person to use regulation archery equipment, may use a crossbow.
• A crossbow is lawful for game animals and game birds (except migratory game birds), as long as the crossbow has at least a 125 pounds of pull, a mechanical safety, and a stock no shorter than 25 inches.
Arrows and Crossbow Bolts:
• No poisoned, drugged or explosive arrows or bolts may ever be used.
• When hunting turkey, and all game besides squirrels, a projectile must be equipped with a broadhead hunting point that is at least 7/8" wide upon impact, with at least two cutting edges. A mechanical broadhead should open upon impact and be at least of 7/8" wide.
• An archer may have arrows or crossbow bolts with field, target, or judo points with broadhead hunting points in the quiver.
California Bow Hunting Laws News
Archery season safety - KYTX
Police on manhunt find pipe bombs in woods - Yahoo News
Police on manhunt find pipe bombs in woods
The disclosure comes as deer hunters prepare for bow hunting season to open this weekend. Pennsylvania Game Commission spokesman Travis Lau said that assuming Frein is not captured overnight, hunting would be closed in the area of the search, ...
Cell Phones on a Plane Might Not Be as Bad as You Think - Yahoo Travel
Cell Phones on a Plane Might Not Be as Bad as You Think
Will you soon be able to make that all-important business call during that cross-country flight? Not if the masses have anything to say about it. The drive to keep the U.S. ban on in-flight phone calls has united disparate groups across the social and ...
Kids facing adversity get relief on LEO-sponsored hunting trips - Police News
Kids facing adversity get relief on LEO-sponsored hunting trips
Something wonderful is happening in the far reaches of Northeast Wisconsin. In fact, it's quietly been happening every year for the past decade. Pat Novesky — a Conservation Warden with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources — used his skills ...
Relaxed crossbow regulations mean more hunters will be squeezing a trigger ... - TwinCities.com-Pioneer Press
Relaxed crossbow regulations mean more hunters will be squeezing a trigger ...
... traditional way before I go half bow, half gun," she said. But she said she would be open to a crossbow because, "I'm a California girl -- been her five years -- and I was shivering last year!" (Pioneer Press: Jean Pieri) ... Among the crossbow ...